Dig Into Reading!
Summer Reading Club 2013
The Summer Reading Program is designed to be a motivational element in encouraging children to read and to broaden their reading experiences. Open to all ages, club participants may come and participate in Reading Club any time the library is open.[gn_note color="#f6bbb7"]Note: All materials are normally checked out at the main circulation desk located inside the library entrance. Books that participants under 18 wish to count for Reading Club credit need to be returned at the children’s information desk. Books will not count if they are returned in the library drop boxes.[/gn_note]
- June 3rd -first day to check out books for Reading Club credit.
- July 19th -last day to check out books for Reading Club credit.
- July 20th -last day to return books for Reading Club credit.
- Participants need their own library card to belong to Reading Club.
- After the participants have completed their reading goal, we hope they will continue to read even more. We will give stickers to those who continue.
- Magazines, pamphlets, cassettes, CD’s, and encyclopedias may be checked out, but they do not count for reading club credit unless you are in the Adult Summer Reading Club. However, books that come in a hanging bag with CD’s and cassettes do count for reading club credit.
- No more than 18 books will be counted for Reading Club per week for Nighty-Night Sleep Tight and Look Whooo’s Reading No more than 8 books will be counted per week for Camping Under the Stars.
- All items need to be checked out at the library’s main circulation desk. To count for reading club credit all books must be returned to the Children’s Department desk where participants will receive their reading club items. Books will not count if returned in the library drop boxes.
- Because of heavy demands during the summer, students may be limited in the number of certain types of books they can check out.